Precinct Locations:
Click on the View Map link under each Precinct. 


 Precinct #1

 Royalton Township Hall

 980 Miners Road


 Precinct #2

 Royalton Township Fire Station

 911 East John Beers Road




Register To Vote

You can register to vote if you are:

  • A citizen of the United States of America
  • 18 years of age (by election day)
  • A Michigan resident for at least 30 days before the election

 You may register to vote at: 

  • The Secretary of State's Office
  • The Berrien County Clerk's Office
  • The Township Clerk's Office
  • By mail through the Secretery of State's Office

 Absentee Voting

You may vote absentee ballot if you:

  • I expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time that polls are open on Election Day
  • I am physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another
  • I cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion
  • I have been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside
  • I am 60 years of age or older
  • I cannot attend polls because of confinement in jail awaiting arraignment or trial

Anyone meeting the criteria and wishing to obtain an Application for an Absentee Ballot can contact the Township Office at

(269) 429-2501.  You may also go to the forms section and click on that form, fill out the application, and mail it to:


Royalton Township

980 Miners Road

Saint Joseph, MI 49085


According to Michigan Election Law, effective March 27, 2013, if a voter applies for an absent voter ballot in person at the clerk's office, the voter is required to present a photo ID or sign an Affidavit of Voter not in Possession of Picture Identification form.

Below are the acceptable forms of ID.  The photo ID must be current and not expired.

  • Michigan driver's license or Michigan personal ID card
  • Driver's license or personal ID card issued by another state
  • Federal or state government-issued photo ID
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military identification card with photo
  • Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
  • Tribal indentification with photo

Notice for Military and Overseas Civilian Voters or Those Who Are in Contact With Them

New State and federal laws make it easier for military and overseas civilian voters to register and participate in elections.  Under the new laws, military and overseas civilan voters can now receive a ballot by e-mail or fax to speed the voting process. (The voted ballot must be returned by mail for security purposes.)

Military and overseas civilian voters intrested in obtaining ballots for elections must request a ballot through the township clerk.  Request for absentee ballots submitted prior to 2010 are no longer valid and cannot be processed.  Under the new law, request for ballots are good for every election held in the same calendar year in which the request is received.  When submitting your request, be sure to indicate whether you would like to receive your ballot by mail, e-mail or fax.

Additional information including contact information for Michigan's township clerks can be obtained through the Michigan Voter Information Center (MVIC) Web site maintained by the Michigan Department of State which is located at: www.Michigan.gov/vote.

Click on  "Military and Overseas Voters".

If you are in communication with a military or overseas civilian voter we encourage you to inform them of the above information.


About Call: 269-429-2501 Fax: 269-429-8373 Site Map